Spinach Fritatta with Microgreen Garnish
Makes 4 servings
1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan
Salt and freshly ground pepper
3 tablespoons olive oil
1/2 small red onion, chopped
1 lb fresh spinach, chopped
1 oz microgreens
1. Position a rack under the broiler about 4" from the heat source and turn the heat to high. Crack the eggs into a bowl. Add the cheese, sprinkle on the salt and pepper, and whisk until the whites are just combined.
2. Put the olive oil in a medium oven proof skillet over medium high heat. When it's hot, add the onion, sprinkle with salt and pepper, and cook until soft, 3-5 minutes.
3. Add the spinach and cook, stirring and tossing frequently, until the leaves wilt and lose their liquid. Lower the heat if necessary to keep everything from burning. After 3-5 minutes, turn the heat to low. Cook, stirring occasionally, until their is no moisture left in the pan, then spread the spinach out in the pan.
4. Pour the egg mixture over the spinach and onions, evenly distributing the vegetables if necessary. Cook, undisturbed, until the eggs are firm at the bottom and the top is still runny, 8-10 minutes.
5. Put the pan under the broiler until the eggs finish setting and brown lightly, 2-4 minutes, watching to make sure the frittata doesn't burn. Remove from heat and immediately sprinkle microgreens on top. They will wilt almost immediately. Cut into wedges and serve.