Roasted Whole Salad Turnips
Check out this super-simple (and delicious!) recipe using salad turnips:
· 1 bunch salad turnips, including greens
· 1-3 TBSP Olive Oil, or to taste
· 1-2 cloves garlic, chopped, or to taste
· Salt and black pepper to taste
1. Spread turnips and greens, uncut, evenly on a baking sheet.
2. Spirnkle chopped garlic throughout the turnips and greens.
3. Drizzle with olive oil, salt, and black pepper to taste.
4. Place baking sheet in a 400-degree oven for about 10 minutes—until the turnip greens are crispy and the roots are tender.
5. These salad turnip are excellent eaten raw, so we like to roast them just long enough to crisp the greens and warm the roots.
6. Serve warm as a side dish or hors d’oeuvre.