1 Recipe of your favorite pie dough
1/2 pound swiss chard, stems trimmed (see how here)
2 cups grated parmesan or cheddar cheese
1 tablespoon chopped fresh herbs, like basil, parsley or cilantro
1 tablespoon flour
1 1/2 cups cream or milk
dash of paprika
1. Make crust; roll out to a 12" diameter. Set it in a 9" pie plate. Preheat oven to 400F.
2. Chop the chard stems into chunks and slice the ribbons into leaves (see how here). Steam them in a steamer basket for 1-2 minutes. Remove from heat and drain. Spread on bottom of pie plate. Sprinkle fresh herbs over chard.
3. Mix together cheese and flour and spread over chard.
4. Beat eggs, add cream/milk, and pour over cheese. Sprinkle with paprika.
5. Bake 15 minutes, then lower heat to 325F and bake 25-30 minutes longer, until golden and puffy. Allow to set 10 minutes before cutting.