· One pound pasta of your choice, fully cooked and drained.
· 4 Cloves garlic, diced
· 2 bunches mini-broccoli (or any spring vegetable, like kale, asparagus, peas, green beans, etc)
· 1 large shallot diced
· 2 Tbsp olive oil, divided
· 2 chicken breasts, boneless and skinless.
· ½ cup pine nuts
· 1 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
· salt and black pepper to taste
1. Grill chicken on medium high heat, about 5 minutes per side. Remove from grill and slice chicken into ½-inch wide strips. Set aside.
2. Toast pine nuts in a dry skillet, on medium heat until lightly browned. Set aside.
3. Add 1 Tbsp olive oil to hot skillet, and add shallot and garlic. Sautee until fragrant, 2-3 minutes. Add salt and pepper to skillet to taste.
4. Roughly chop mini broccoli and add to hot skillet. Cook until broccoli turns bright green. Remove skillet from heat.
5. Add vegetables to pasta. Stir in pine nuts, parmesan cheese, and grilled chicken. Toss well with the reserved Olive Oil, serve warm, and enjoy!